Safer Indoor Dining
All Egg Harbor Café locations are open for Indoor Dining, Carry Out and DoorDash Delivery at this time. Select locations offer Outdoor Dining, weather permitting.
Safety Steps We Are Taking for Safe Indoor Dining:
- Minimal Contact – contactless menu and payment options are available, as well as single-use condiments available upon request.
- Employee Precautions – all employees must pass wellness checks upon arrival, wear masks (if not fully vaccinated), and wash their hands frequently.
- Safety Training – all of our employees have undergone extensive COVID-19 Safety Training.
- Air Purifiers* – we have installed industry leading iWave air purifiers to reduce pathogens, particles, smoke and odor from the air.
- Plexiglass Dividers – all locations have plexiglass dividers installed between booths.
- Frequent Cleaning – frequently touched surfaces in the restaurant are cleaned regularly using cleaning solutions approved by the EPA to be effective against SARS-CoV-2.
*How iWave Air Purifiers Work (information obtained from iwaveair.com):
iWave is an air purifying device that installs in any duct air conditioning system. When air passes over the iWave, ions produced by the device reduce pathogens, allergens, particles, smoke and odors in the air, creating a healthy environment without producing any harmful byproducts.
iWave uses patented technology, called needle-point bi-polar ionization, to create equal amounts of positive and negative ions. When these ions are injected into the air stream, they break down passing pollutants and gases into harmless compounds like oxygen, carbon dioxide, nitrogen and water vapor (see illustration below).
iWave helps Egg Harbor have the cleanest, freshest air for customers and staff. iWave reduces certain viruses and bacteria, helping to keep dining indoors as safe as possible, with a cleaner, fresh environment.
When the ions come in contact with viruses, bacteria or mold, they remove the hydrogen molecules – without them, the pathogens have no source of energy and will die. The ions also attach to allergens like pollen and other particles, causing them to band together until they are large enough to be caught by your ventilation system’s air filter.
iWave’s technology generates the same ions that nature creates with lightening, waterfalls, ocean waves, etc. Nature uses energy and shear to break apart molecules, naturally cleaning the air and producing a healthy environment. The only difference between the iWave’s technology and nature is that the iWave does it without developing harmful ozone.
Lab Results Show iWave technology effectively inactivates Covid-19: